Tuesday, April 10, 2007

10 April 2007, Tuesday, 2.51pm

Ordinary World

Can't believe that I'm stealing some time at this hour to write on my online journal. Things haven't been quite smooth at work, with hurdles as high as a low wall. And as my army mates would know, me, being a hardcore SOC failure, I had never completed my run (in full battle order) within the desired timing. SY will call me a Wuse, which she just did, a day ago for a different subject. Maybe I am. SY, I HATE YOU, but you are still one of my dearests. I'm actually still stucked on the career chapter. Tough decision. On the other side of the chapter, Olivier, my good old french mate made it at last; to cross the continent for another year in pursuing his dreams. Career, tops his mind. He was really teary in relating to how fortunate he is to be able to convince his international HR to grant this posting in Singapore. Of course, if you ever watched a French film, you will be able to second guess Oli's expression. 100% French, through and through.

Hmm... talking about SY, an endearing friend whom I know since 12 years ago, has always been alternative. Someone who's dating KC for the moment, has finally thoughts on rooting. A great achievement on her end, I must say. This woman, who had once gone bald before Justin Timberlake, who once carried JPG duffle bag, who once danced with me at Take That's concert, who once had her ear rings/studs clipped from ear lobe to ear tip, has provided us precious and sound advices (though not always unalternative). She has also being my confidante for the past 'situations' i encountered too, and making the efforts of indulging in Parkway's Mini Steamboat during my suicidal moments. So admirably a friend to have and indeed to be with. Cheerios mon amie! :) SY, see, a dedicated paragraph for you!

This morning to work, doubling my steps on the linkway from the interchange to the train station was quite a thought provoking one. The usual tissue-selling uncle was seated at his usual spot chewing on his bun. I once thought why would anyone be purchasing the bundled tissues from him when he's kind of filthy looking in his soiled, torn clothes. And he looks as if he hasn't been showering too, with the dirt stains on his skin. I was so absolute evil to pass the thought. I ought to be punished for that. Anyways, I caught a glimpse of him today and I instantly sobbed in a corner of my heart. That sob aches me; I could see him nibbling on his bun, savouring every bite, tasting it like it's some kind of delicacy. Me, on the other hand, who dislike bun and who can't appreciate the acquired flavour, feel so ashamed of myself; splurging on my savings on my wants more than my needs. He, who appreciates food, who sits there almost every morning, does nothing to provoke me, and yet, me, who have been picky over what to eat, and torn between Adidas and Esprit bag, actually was passing such rude thought and was none at all sympathethic before. I'm such a sinner. I heard though, from a friend that we can empathise but never compare our lives with each other. We are formed and shaped by God for who we are and we each have a purpose to serve. Better or worse, we are all here with a common goal, to live a day to wait upon others. So why compare? Waaah, very emotionally preachy here.

Suddenly, I thought of a very appropriate song to share my feeling now:

Duran Duran's Ordinary World
Came in from a rainy Thursday on the avenue thought I heard you talking softly
I turned on the lights the TV and the radio but still I can't escape the ghost of you
What is happening to it all, crazy some would say
Where is the life that I recognize, gone away


And I won't cry for yesterday there's an ordinary world somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive


Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say pride will tear us both apart
Well now pride's gone out the window cross the rooftops runaway
Left me in the vaccuum of my heart
What is happening to me crazy some will say where is my friend when I need you most gone away


But I won't cry for yesterday there's an ordinary world somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive


Papers in the roadside tell of suffering and grief
Fear today forgot tomorrow beside the news of holy war and holy need
Ours is just a little sorrowed talk, just blown away


And I won't cry for yesterday there's an ordinary world somehow I have to find
And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world I will learn to survive
Every world is my world (I will learn to survive)
Any world is my world (I will learn to survive)
Any world is my world, every world is our world, every world

1 Comments:

Blogger Ribena, SeamonkeY, Lara and 6th Sense said...

we look forward to tomorrow, over good food and great company. as frivolous as this comment may sound especially to this posting, we cant carry all the burdens of the world on our shoulders.

SY

11:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home