Sunday, April 08, 2007

8 April 2007, Sunday, 1.49pm

Choice and Selection

Woke up feeling steamy this late morning. I had such a fun time shopping at Mustafa last night. Come to think about it, we actually spent 3 hours in that building! It was a fruitful harvest with Dunhill cologne, Freeman foot scrub, Oral B's value packed toothbrush and some other toiletries mainly. I have this thing for toiletries shopping! hehe. Oh, and I was torn between choices. (A) Esprit bag that costs 129 but with 10% discount at Esprit store, or (B) Adidas duffel bag at 75 - whilst stocks last at Mustafa. Decision, decision, decision. I can't really decide. I like both, but I only need one. I can't weigh the pros and cons too, because I adore both. Torn. I shall resign to fate, or follow the sign. Ian said practicality wise, Adidas is superb and since it's all black, it's slick and easier to match with apparels, though he hasn't seen Esprit's. I agree. Esprit though in its khaki shade, with the European touch, is more casual but manly. I did my maths, and I could save up to 40 bucks if I choose B. Oh man, Lord, please show me the signs.

Spending this lazy Sunday at home rolling on the floor, is such a joy. Stress free, carefree and so relaxingly therapeutic? But I can't just keep thinking about my life, my career in particular. So I have been poached again, by my ex boss. Questions and answers keep propelling in my mind like a running motor. Do I, CWB, want to remain this comfortable all my life? Am I contented with my existing assets? Should I move my cheese eslewhere? Is CWB satiable with his career, why isn't he looking for career advancement? Is there a reason why am I so laidback, or lazy? But, am I lazy? Why do I have such mentality with career? Truthfully, I knew perfectly well that I have to move on in order to see pay-raise. Having rooted here in my existing organisation wouldn't help in that. Money is never enough, to some. Is that how the word Greed comes about? That of course, is one of the seven sins that we commit in life. To me, having told many, prefer to lead a simple life, less stress, with plenty of love with my loved ones. Money is perhaps secondary to Love. Love is primary and tops my priority. But face it, without money in this planet, specifically in this island, one can hardly see through a day. That hurts to know, isn't it? Eras back, primitive people traded commodities to live a day; modern era, we use paper notes to b-u-y needs. This is rather pathetic; our lives are solely determined and controlled by these papers that we humankind innovated. In another words, no paper, no life. How devastating to know. I still can't understand how a New Zealander can live so soundly, so harmaniously, so contentedly in those 2 huge islands far east. Maybe, I didn't see the other side of them? Having left Tourism Court once, has perhaps scarred and phobia-ised me. That one month exposure at Tampines Road (after I left Tourism Court) was more than a nightmare, it was a spiritual downturn for me. It was a living hell for me then. That explains why I "repent" my thoughts and Lord raised from above to save and help me return to Home. But really, I am not the sort who is after power and fortune. I prefer to have more time for myself, than to dedicate 78% of my brain juice worrying about marketing strategies, events coordination, etc. I'd rather indulge 84% of my time milking cows, talking to plants, and sitting by the patio enjoying tranquility. So, to leave, or to stay. Lord, please answer my prayers.

Liam asked me if Rebecca does argue with Senior Chew last evening. And, so he relates to how Senior Ng mentioned to him that Husband should never comment negatively on Wife. How gentlemanly, but so-not-right. Does it mean that if Wife errs, Husband keeps quiet? As the saying goes, To err is human (how conveniently to quote this when you make mistake?!), but this surely didn't mean To continuously err is forgiveable too! Liam mentioned that Senior Ng thinks negative remarks should come from a third party, in this case, his children. Perhaps, this is because One gets hurt more when he/she is being told off by someone he/she loves? I mean, it's not that the Wife don't love her kids, but think about this: Their offsprings, though by choice, it is not by selection; we can choose to have children, but we can't select and mould the way they should they look and behave. On the other hand, we select our spouse, and choose to tie the knot with each other, to swear by heaven and hell to live eternity, all in the name of Love. So it makes sense that Husband and Wife are the most loved couple in the mundane world? There are many things we are taught to love by choice, and not by our selection. Go figure.

Happy Easter Sunday, the day Jesus resurrected to save his mankind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home