Monday, April 16, 2007

16 April 2007, Monday, 2.16pm

Purpose Driven Life

This migraine thing has been a slight problem for me recently. Nothing strange about this, but I am getting it more often early this year than late 2006. Stress, perhaps. And the past weekend was spent with it being nestled in me. Hence, the boring and tiring weekend. In fact, it all started on Friday night, I was terribly down with lethargicness, and I couldn't concentrate a single bit when Matt was explaining to me about his legal complications last Friday. It was probably a boring subject, plus my tiredness, I nodded asleep when he went on and on in fact. How embarrassing. Life at work has been tremendously disturbing too. Many changes laterally across the Board, from top down too. Bad for the organisation, especially when the new bloods are injected with the old cells purging and exiting the body. Brand new cloned life? When DragonLady ascends the throne, it will be a total new ball game altogether too, with more changes and changes, we suspect. Wonder what plans God has in store for us. Will the ever-male dorminated empire be bethroned and reconfigure into a Monarchy of Matriachs? This is a show worth waiting for, Hidden DragonLady Crouching Tigerman, ..... Hmm...

At last, I pulled through the whole texbook of Purpose Driven Life. It was not easy for a non-believer like me. The first few chapters or even the first ten pages were very repelling for me. I had the urge to shut the book and chuck it aside, but thank god to my strong determination that was cultivated over the years, I persisted to complete the book. Like I was telling Kevin (I would like to call him the messenger since he was the book ower and lender), the writer was very opinionated in certain aspects. Reading it from a third party's eyes, I couldn't agree many teachings, or I would like to say, self-explaining. However, as much as I do not see eye to eye with the writer on all subjects written, I must applaud for his usage of words and his knowledge of Christ. His words are also very convincing and very thought provoking. His deciphering of Christ's behaviour and sacrificing are very detailed and profounding too. The middle chapters were super dry like meepok and monotonous like William Hung; the dryness of the text was so encouraging to put an end there and then. Since I have completed the book, I will just say that it's Fate that brought me to finish the book, and also the bond that God has gifted to me to digest the book too. Many times when I was reading the book without understanding it, I pushed myself to reread and rethink of what the writer was trying to put across, and I tell you, this was the most difficult part, I must say. Somehow I can see a wider array of life now. The way the book was written is pretty similar to my own belief, ie, things happen for a reason: though the Purpose Driven Life is religiously written while mine is philosophically scripted.

And the take-away of this book is? In short, of my own belief of the book: We should live life the way it is to its fullest, without bearing grudges. Be transparent, be clear in your objectives and stay away from greed and fame. Be harmoniouly oriented and treat everyone fairly, and finally, be contented with who and what you are. The religion pointers to pocket for the book would be: We are all created by God to serve the Lord, to serve his purpose and his plans for us in Earth, to build strong fellowship and community, and to love thyself for the way God has created you for. To praise the Lord for his graciousness in serving mankind. Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yellowgiraffe said...

hey beng...
poor thing, i think it's the stress that causes the migraine. you may wish to try feverfew which is a herbal supplement you can buy at GNC or Nature's Farm. it helps my friend. personally, i find foot reflexology somewhat helpful...

take care ya?

jeanne

12:09 am  
Blogger Ribena, SeamonkeY, Lara and 6th Sense said...

Purpose Driven Life... even as a believer i struggle to finish the book... gotta give you credit for it...

God works in pretty amazing ways... when He calls... it's hard to run :P

1:04 pm  
Blogger Miracles said...

dear beng..

so you visit the church now instead of temples?

sorry i've not been asking you about your life for the past few years... so do update me.. :)

3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home