Wednesday, June 13, 2007

13 June 2007, Wednesday, 5.52pm

A safe Lion City, maybe not.

So, I heard (over lunch) about the mutation of pneumonia and it is now termed Walking Pneumonia in Asia, originating from Vietnam. How awful is this. After these decades, there was the sudden outbreak of SARS, then Bird Flu, and now, we have Walking Pneumonia. And the rise of probable cases in my office is surging too. Is this another obstacle that God is offering us?

Last evening while entering the gantry at Orchard Station Control, i spotted four security police (young) officers clustered at the parapet chatting away instead of conducting their duties, ie, prowling and be on guard and alert of potential unforseen terrorist attacks. Well, this just reminded me of my army days when we were confined in camp for guard duties during 2/4NTM. If our officers were to see that scenario (which happened on several occasions), they would holler across the parade square and send ear-piercing decibels "kan ni nah, why are you few fuckers cluster-fuck at one corner fucking idle there?!" So much about increasing awareness of potential terrorist attack to the public. Are these patrol security officers aware and educated on the potential threat? I bet not. During national service, we were always taught to be serious and never chit-chat while on duty. If you ask me if I feel safe with their presence, my answer would likely be "no, I don't", for the obvious reason.

It's not my calling, but I do feel contented today for sharing with Gary on my notion on Chasing Daylight. I lent him the book, and I hope that he will also be able to share the moments with his loved ones. How often do we do this in a week, or a day? Do we capture moments? Maybe not. Not for me. Some days are like twinkling stars, once blinked, it's gone, some days are like seeds, once sow, it roots down the earth to stay. Measuring the number of twinkling stars and seeds that I collected these 29 years, bet I have a whole collection of stars more than seeds, like a ratio of 31:1 respectively? My days have been wasted, meaninglessly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ribena, SeamonkeY, Lara and 6th Sense said...

very pessimistic nowadays. time for another fling.

seamonkey

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home