Saturday, August 23, 2008

23 June 2008, Saturday, 2307hrs

TPB avec Kiss County

One of those few Saturdays which I refused to stay out but to dig in in my bed, tuning to the Breeze Classics, 93.4FM (Auckland), penning my thoughts. In fact, I'm so darn in the mood and enjoying this darkness and music-filled room, tuning in to the classics - with Corrine Bailey Rae, Tracy Chapman, Earth Wind and Fire, etc crooning their classic hits in soothing decibels surrounding my ears. Nice.

Over the week, Niels gave me an extra curriculum writing activity... He challenged me to write a children's book, while he, is the genius Creator with the ideas and contents. All I have to do is to piece everything in order and type away. In addition, he would like to maximize my passion for painting into practice too, in another words, he wants to me to do the illustration. Yeah!! So, what shit did I just step on by accepting his offer? Getting myself more occupied with my hobbies and passion of course, both writing and drawing. Great, now I have a goal in life.

And Robbie, no, I am not selling my drawings. Mine, they were all drawn with emotions, perhaps one day, but not now. I'll have a copy of The Kiss (after I've mastered shadings) or any piece of Keith Haring's works ship to Boston in year end. :) Remember, as Justin Pascal always says, patience is the key to a patient of patience.

Thanks to Niels who recommended Finding Forrester too (starred A-lister Sean Connery). I finally found (William) Forrester after walking up streets and avenues and boulevards. Shan't go into details on how pathetic this title is, ie, no CD house except HMV retails that. So, went through that 2 hrs gluing to Forrester's teaching, and I must say that I have learnt a little about writing. Though amateurish, I would like to publish my book one day, along with the children's book. Too bad Kenneth has gone back to Germany, or else I would certainly have him to edit my book eventually. But thank God, Niels, the danish viking, has gladly offered his editing service to my book to keep the flame burning. Niels, please remember to tight slap me awake if I ever want to stop writing again.

Nonetheless, I would still like to say a big thank you to Kenneth, for pushing me to realising my dreams one day. One day. And of course, for unintentionally naming the title of the book.

Merci mon ami, j'appreciate. Je t'embrasse et wish you were here to provide me with more directions in TPB, because I am absolutely stuck here; juices just ain't generating fresh ideas these days. Perhaps it's because reservist is nearing and thus, blocking the flow of ideas... whatever. Kenneth, if you are reading this page, drop me a liner in email and provide me with more hints on how to move chapter two of TPB pleaseeee...

Okie, time to return to Kiss County - Niels, I'll see you there, very soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home